Personal Care is another name for hands-on care. Personal Care can include any of the following services:
- Bathing – can include a full or partial bath or simply assistance getting in and out of the tub
- Dressing – assistance changing clothes if needed or even tying shoelaces
- Grooming – examples include brushing hair, putting on lotion, filing long nails, etc.
- Additional Hygiene – setting up for brushing teeth, assistance cleaning dentures and more
- Toileting – whether you want us to wait outside the door or hands-on help is needed
- Other services that can be arranged are meal preparation, assistance feeding, light housekeeping, medication reminders, and sometimes errands, depending on the situation
The level of assistance will be discussed with the Registered Nurse during the initial assessment. The extent to which a client needs assistance depends on their level of mobility, need, and even level of comfort.